Unhappy New Year

by digby


For someone as old and decrepit as I am, New Year's Eve isn't quite the thrill it used to be. And frankly it was a dud as often as not even when I wasn't old and decrepit. Nowadays I tend to stay home and watch movies (since everything on television is unwatchable on this night for some reason) and I really don't like crowds anymore.

(I might have just the tiniest skosh of champagne in a gorgeous glass. Here's to you, Judy!)

If you have any regrets about not attending some fab event tonight, I recommend watching these classic movies --- which feature two very, very bad New Year's parties.




and this one:




I've had some extremely disappointing New Year's eves in my life but nothing like those.


Happy New Year, everyone!



Update: My commenters (including the director of the fine film Red State) reminds me that The Twilight ZZone marathon is on the Sci-fi channel --- definitely heads and shoulders above the usual New Years Eve fare. If you don't have Sci-fi channel you can watch New Years Rockin' Eve which is kind of like The Twilight Zone only not clever or interesting.


.